Klarna Terms of Service
Last Updated: March 8, 2019
Klarna offers services that are designed to simplify and improve your buying experience online. Our services include Klarna Checkout, our digital invoice and a variety of other payment, payment processing and credit services (collectively, the “Klarna Services”). These Klarna Terms of Service (the “Terms”) govern your use of all Klarna Services.
BY USING THE KLARNA SERVICES OR OTHERWISE INTERACTING WITH KLARNA IN CONNECTION WITH KLARNA SERVICES, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THE TERMS SET OUT BELOW, INCLUDING MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES BETWEEN US, INSTEAD OF CLASS ACTIONS OR JURY TRIALS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT USE THE KLARNA SERVICES. THESE TERMS ALSO GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE PAY LATER IN 4 PARTS, DIGITAL INVOICE AND/OR CARD PAYMENT OR DIRECT BANK TRANSFER OPTIONS. IF YOU ARE OFFERED THE PAY LATER IN 4 PARTS OR DIGITAL INVOICE OPTION, PLEASE REFER TO THE APPLICABLE TERMS BELOW, WHICH OUTLINE ADDITIONAL CHARGES THAT WILL APPLY IF YOU FAIL TO PAY KLARNA BY THE SPECIFIED DUE DATE.
The Terms include the following:
- General Terms
- Arbitration Provision
- Pay Later in 4 Parts Terms
- Digital Invoice Terms
- State Specific Disclosures
- Electronic Communication Agreement
The following Terms apply between Klarna Inc. (“Klarna,” “we,” or “us”) and the user of the Klarna Services (“you”). The Terms is a contract between you and Klarna and applies to your use of the Klarna Services. To the extent there is a conflict between the Terms and any applicable additional terms, the applicable additional terms will control unless they expressly state otherwise.
- Eligibility. To be eligible to use the Klarna Services, you must:
- have full legal capacity to enter into a contract;
- be at least eighteen (18) years old or of legal age in your state of residence; and
- provide your personal details.
- Personal Information.
- To establish your identity. In order to identify you and prevent unauthorized use or misuse of the Klarna Services, and when applicable, to enable Klarna to offer appropriate payment options to you, Klarna needs to establish your identity. To do this, Klarna may request certain information from you. You agree to comply with any request for such information to ensure proper identification.
- Information not belonging to you. You represent and warrant to Klarna by clicking on the “Continue” and “Place Order” buttons (or any other similar Klarna purchase button), that you are not acting on behalf of, or for the benefit of, anyone else. All details provided must be your details only. The use of information that does not belong to you will be seen as misuse by Klarna. Your compliance with the Terms as well as any additional terms and conditions for particular Klarna Services may affect our risk assessment, including, without limitation, affecting what payment options we make available to you.
- Consent to Communication. By providing Klarna your landline or mobile telephone number, you consent to receive calls and/or texts at that number, including those sent through the use of automated technology and/or prerecorded messages, regardless of whether the number is on the federal or any state do-not-call list. Klarna and third parties representing Klarna may use this number to call and/or text you with transactional messages and to provide relevant offers or other marketing. Klarna’s merchant partners may use this number to call and/or text you with transactional messages. Your carrier’s standard telephone minute and text charges may apply. Klarna will not share the phone number you provide with third parties who are not affiliated with us, unless they are our merchant partners or service providers acting on our behalf, without your consent. Klarna, its merchant partners or third parties who represent Klarna may also contact you at the email address you provide. You further agree to electronic communications, as outlined below in the Electronic Communication Agreement below.
- Intellectual Property. All rights, titles and interest in and to the Klarna Services are the exclusive property of Klarna and its licensors. As a user, you may only use the Klarna Services to make purchases in the prescribed order according to the Terms and until further notice.
- Remember My Card. You have an option to store your card information with us for faster payment transactions. In order for Klarna to verify your authority to store the card, you will be required to provide a mobile phone number and then tell us the PIN code that we send to that mobile phone number. By providing your phone number for the Remember My Card option, you consent to receive a text and PIN from us.
- Authorization to charge payment method. You represent that you are authorized to use the payment method and authorize Klarna to (1) debit, withdraw or charge your payment method and (2) to initiate any credit, debit or charge to your payment method in order to process any returns, chargebacks, reversals, refunds, corrections or other necessary adjustments. All card payments are subject to authorization by your card issuer. If you are not given the digital invoice option and you select to pay by credit or debit card, Klarna will process the payment when your order with the merchant has been confirmed.
- Virtual Card Number. For safer online payment experience, where accepted by merchants, Klarna provides you with its virtual card settlement service (the “VCN Service”). With the VCN Service, you do not need to do anything differently when you authorize your payment. You can make a purchase from a merchant and simply enter in your regular payment details (e.g., credit or debit card you typically use to shop) at the checkout page. At that point, a unique virtual card number will be generated and used for settling your payment to such merchant. The virtual card number so generated cannot be used again for future purchases, which enhances your protection against potential fraud. You may not recognize the card details contained in the invoice or confirmation you receive from your merchant because such details may relate to the one-time virtual card number rather than the actual payment details that you entered in at the checkout page. The statement you receive from your financial institution will still recognize the payment as processed by the payment method you chose at the checkout.
- Your relationship with merchants. Klarna is not in any way responsible for the goods or services you order or purchase from merchants, including, without limitation, the quality of such goods and services and how and whether such goods or services are delivered. Klarna does not provide any endorsements or guarantees for any goods or services offered for sale on third party websites linked to the Klarna Services. Klarna does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any information or marketing messages contained in the third party websites linked to the Klarna Services. You must contact the merchant to resolve any issues you have with respect to the goods and services you ordered or purchased from the merchant, including, without limitation, any issues relating to shipping and delivery, product warranty, product return, and the terms of any agreements you entered into with the merchant in connection with your order or purchase. Further, you may have certain dispute rights through your credit card issuer. Any disputes filed with your credit card issuer shall be between you and the issuer, and Klarna shall not be held liable for such disputes.
- Prohibited Activities
In connection with your use of the Klarna Services, you agree not to do any of the following:
- Infringe our intellectual property rights;
- Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- Fail to provide us with any information about you that we may reasonably and legally request; or
- Reveal any PIN code that we send you to anyone else. We are not responsible for losses incurred by you, or by any person other than you, arising as a result of your misuse of your PIN code.
Klarna reserves the right to suspend or block any user from using the Klarna Services if the user is, or Klarna reasonably believes the user is, involved in any of the restricted activities set out above.
- Links to or from other websites. Klarna does not approve or control any third party website or application and we are not responsible or in any way liable for their content. If you use such websites or applications from third party, the terms and conditions for those websites or applications will apply to you.
- No representations or warranties. THE KLARNA SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND KLARNA AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE KLARNA SERVICES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KLARNA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Klarna does not guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted, error-free or secure use of any part of the Klarna Services. Use of the Klarna Services may be interrupted due to events outside Klarna’s reasonable control, such as delays in the banking system or credit card networks. Klarna will use commercially reasonable efforts to process payments in a timely manner, but Klarna makes no representations or warranties regarding the time it takes to complete any transaction.
- Limitation of liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL KLARNA AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND SUPPLIERS OF KLARNA OR ITS AFFILIATES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE KLARNA SERVICES, KLARNA WEBSITES OR THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (WHETHER IN NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY. THE LIABILITY OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED PARTIES, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT OF DIRECT DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KLARNA AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND SUPPLIERS OF KLARNA OR ITS AFFILIATES, ARE NOT LIABLE, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD THESE PARTIES RESPONSIBLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM: (1) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE ANY KLARNA SERVICE OR ANY KLARNA SITE; (2) DELAYS OR DISRUPTIONS IN ANY KLARNA SERVICE OR ANY KLARNA SITE; (3) VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS SOFTWARE OBTAINED BY ACCESSING ANY KLARNA SERVICE OR ANY KLARNA SITE; (4) GLITCHES, BUGS, ERRORS, OR INACCURACIES OF ANY KIND IN ANY KLARNA SERVICE OR ANY KLARNA SITE; (5) THE CONTENT, ACTIONS, OR INACTIONS OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION LINKED TO ANY KLARNA SERVICE OR ANY KLARNA SITE; (6) CLAIMS OF BREACH OF WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE; (7) GOODS AND SERVICES YOU PURCHASED FROM MERCHANTS, OR THE RETURN OF SUCH GOODS AND SERVICES; OR (8) CHANGES TO THESE TERMS. These limitations and exclusions apply even if your remedies do not fully compensate you for any losses or if Klarna or its affiliates, knew or should have known about the possibility of damages.
- Dispute Resolution. If a dispute arises between you and Klarna, we would like to learn about the issue and address your concerns. Disputes regarding the Klarna Services may be reported to Customer Service at 1-844-KLARNA1 (1-844-552-7621), M-F from 8:00AM — 5:00PM Eastern Time.
Arbitration. You and Klarna each agree that any and all disputes or claims arising out of or relating to these Terms or the relationship between you and Klarna, including without limitation federal and state regulatory and statutory claims, common law claims, and those based in contract, tort, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, as set forth in this (“Arbitration Provision”), rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. This Arbitration Provision and any dispute or arbitration hereunder will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to principles of conflict of law, including any applicable statutes of limitations. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any arbitration shall be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award.
a. Opt-Out. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY CHOOSE TO PURSUE YOUR CLAIM IN COURT AND NOT BY ARBITRATION IF YOU OPT OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE YOU FIRST USE THE KLARNA SERVICES OR OTHERWISE ACCEPT THE TERMS AFTER THE TERMS HAVE GONE INTO EFFECT (THE “OPT OUT DEADLINE”). YOU MAY OPT OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION BY FULLY COMPLETING, SIGNING AND DATING THE ARBITRATION OPT-OUT NOTICE FORM LOCATED AT https://cdn.klarna.com/1.0/shared/content/legal/en_us/arbitration/opt_out_notice.pdfAND MAILING IT TO KLARNA VIA FIRST-CLASS MAIL AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: Klarna Inc., Attn: Arbitration Opt-Out, 629 N. High St., Suite 300, Columbus, OH 43215. ANY ARBITRATION OPT-OUT NOTICE RECEIVED AFTER THE OPT-OUT DEADLINE WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU MUST PURSUE YOUR CLAIM IN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS COURT.
- Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND KLARNA AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND KLARNA AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAMS). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER KLARNA USERS.
- Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, discovery is more limited, and court review of an arbitration award is very limited. However, an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual, including monetary damages, and injunctive or declaratory relief. An arbitrator also must follow the Terms as a court would.
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules (as applicable), as modified by this Arbitration Provision. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org. A form for initiating arbitration proceedings is available on the AAA’s website at http://www.adr.org.
The arbitration shall be held in a reasonably convenient location in the state in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. Attendance at an in-person hearing may be made by telephone by you and/or Klarna, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, either you or Klarna may elect to have the arbitration conducted based solely on written submissions pursuant to the AAA’s Procedures for the Resolution of Disputes through Document Submission, which election shall be binding on you and Klarna subject to the arbitrator’s discretion to require an in-person hearing, if the circumstances warrant.
- Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules, unless otherwise stated in this Arbitration Provision. If the value of the relief you are seeking is $10,000 or less, Klarna will pay or reimburse your filing, administration, and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration. Any request for payment of fees by Klarna should be submitted by mail to the AAA along with your Demand for Arbitration and Klarna will make arrangements to pay all necessary fees directly to the AAA. In the event the arbitrator determines the claim(s) you assert in the arbitration to be frivolous, you agree to reimburse Klarna for all fees associated with the arbitration that Klarna paid on your behalf that you otherwise would be obligated to pay under the AAA’s rules.
- Jury Waiver. IF FOR ANY REASON A DISPUTE OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND KLARNA PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN IN ARBITRATION, YOU AND KLARNA EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Future Changes to this Arbitration Provision. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, you and Klarna agree that if we make any change to this Arbitration Provision (other than a change to any notice address or website link provided herein) in the future, that change shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against Klarna prior to the effective date of the change
- Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under these Terms without Klarna’s prior written consent. Klarna reserves the right to transfer or assign these Terms or any right or obligation under these Terms at any time.
- Governing law, Venue. You agree that the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and Klarna, except as otherwise stated in these Terms. Subject to the Arbitration Provision, you may also litigate any dispute in small claims court with jurisdiction over that dispute, if the dispute meets all requirements to be heard in the small claims court. You may litigate in small claims court whether or not you negotiated with Klarna informally first.
- Contract Interpretation. These Terms, along with any applicable Klarna policies and other agreements that you have agreed to, sets forth the entire understanding between you and Klarna with respect to the Klarna Services. It supersedes any prior agreements between you and Klarna regarding your use of the Klarna Services. All parts of these Terms apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. Unless stated otherwise in these Terms, if any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- Changes, amendments and other services. Klarna changes and improves its services on a regular basis and reserves the right to change the Terms at any time by posting the change to our website, the Klarna Checkout page or any page from which you access the Klarna Services. If you use the Klarna Services after the date the change takes effect, you consent to the changed Terms. We encourage you to read the Terms before each new purchase or payment transaction through the Klarna Services.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. These Terms are solely for your and Klarna’s benefit. It is not for the benefit of any other person, except for Klarna’s parent and affiliates, which you agree are third party beneficiaries, as well as Klarna’s successors and assigns.
- Severability. If any part of this Arbitration Provision, other than subsection (a) (“Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief”), is found invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision shall remain enforceable. If any of the provisions in subsection (a) is found invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision will be null and void, with the sole exception of the Jury Waiver subsection, which shall continue to apply.
THIS SECTION APPLIES IF YOU ARE OFFERED THE PAY LATER IN 4 PARTS PAYMENT OPTION.
How it works
Use your own valid debit or credit card to pay (no prepaid cards).
The first payment is charged when the merchant ships your order, the next 3 payments are automatically charged every 2 weeks.
There is no interest and no fees to use the service. If one of your automatic payments fails, there may be a delayed payment fee of up to $10. See the Delayed Payment Fee section below for more.
If you return your goods we will automatically reduce the amount you owe us. If you already paid us for a refunded order, we will refund the balance back to your original payment method.
If you have questions about the quality or shipping of your order, please contact the merchant where you made the purchase.
The issuer of your card may charge interest of fees under your agreement with them. If you have any questions about those charges contact your card issuer.
If you are offered Pay later in 4 parts, you have the option to pay for your purchase with a credit or debit card in four substantially equal payments. You will make your payments directly to Klarna using your card. There is no fee or interest charge to use this service, however the issuer of your card may charge interest or other fees under the terms of your card agreement. A potential $10 delayed payment fee may be charged if you do not pay your balance on time. See complete details in the Delayed Payment Fee section below.
Due Date: When using Pay later in 4 parts, your first payment will be charged once your order is confirmed by the merchant. This typically occurs when the Merchant ships the goods but could also happen at time of order placement. Subsequent payments will be due every 14 days after the first payment is charged to your card. Future payments are automatically charged to your card on the due date.
Delayed Payment Fee: If we are unable to charge your card for any payment, we may convert your Pay later in 4 parts purchase to a digital invoice. If you do not pay your invoice by the due date, you may be charged a delayed payment fee of up to $10 (but no more than 20% of the original purchase amount).
Returns: Any returns or refunds credited to your purchase will reduce your outstanding balance, but do not count as payments. You will need to continue to make your previously disclosed payments at scheduled due dates until your balance is paid in full. If you have a credit balance you authorize us to credit the balance back to (a) your card, or any other card we have on file for you; (b) by check to your mailing address on file; or (c) by direct deposit any of your bank accounts on file or stated on any check you presented to us for payment.
Default: You will be in default if you: (a) fail to make any payment by the applicable due date; (b) become the subject of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings; (c) supply false, misleading, or incorrect information to us; (d) a payment is returned to us by your bank; or (e) violate or are unwilling to comply with any provision in the Terms.
If you are in default Klarna may: (a) charge the outstanding balance on your Pay later in 4 parts purchase immediately, along with any applicable Failed Payment Fee, without regard to any remaining due dates, using any card we have on file for you or by a separate invoice; (b) employ a debt collection agency to receive payment and you will have to pay all reasonable costs (including attorney’s fees) incurred by Klarna and/or the debt collection agency; and (c) report default information to credit bureaus.
Storing Card Details: You authorize Klarna to store your card details in our systems. We will use this information to authorize future charges under these Terms. Unless you opt out, we may also use this information to conveniently prefill your card details for future purchases. You may manage your cards and details online. In the event Klarna obtains updated card information from the card issuer, you agree that we may update use this updated information in our system.
THIS SECTION APPLIES IF YOU ARE OFFERED THE DIGITAL INVOICE PAYMENT OPTION.
If you are offered digital invoice, you have the option to pay for your purchase at a later date – within 7, 14, or a greater number of days after the item has shipped. Digital invoice may be called “pay after delivery”, “try before you buy”, or some similar term within the checkout, and the exact length of time when your payment is due will be disclosed at checkout as well. Upon your purchase with digital invoice, you will receive an invoice from Klarna by email, stating when payment is due. You will make your payment directly to Klarna. If you make your digital invoice payments to the merchant directly, your payments may not be delivered to Klarna in a timely manner, causing you to miss the applicable due date(s) described below. Any inquires and disputes regarding your digital invoice payments should be directed to Klarna, not the merchant.
Due Date: When paying through digital invoice, you will have a period of 7 or more days (as will be disclosed at the time of checkout) to pay with no interest or fees. This period commences when the merchant ships the goods, and the last day of such period is the “Due Date.” As soon as an item ships, Klarna will receive notification from the merchant and Klarna will then send you an e-mail informing you of the date by which payment is to be made, along with details about how payment must be made. Your payment is due to Klarna by 8:00PM Eastern Time on your Due Date. If you fail to make a payment in full by the 10th day following the Due Date, a one-time delayed payment fee of up to $10USD (but no more than 20% of the original purchase amount), or such lesser amount as required by applicable law, will be added to the amount you owe to us. If the Due Date passes and Klarna has not received your payment, Klarna will send you a reminder email informing you that the payment is late and you will owe us a delayed payment fee unless the payment is made in full within 10 days of the Due Date. We will refund any overpayment in excess of $1.00 to you. You authorize us to make the refund electronically or using an ACH, (a) if you made the original payment electronically or using an ACH, or (b) if you typically make payments for digital invoice electronically or using an ACH.
Returned Payment Fee: If you attempt to pay for digital invoice via check or Automated Clearing House and your payment is returned unpaid when we present to your bank or financial institution for “not sufficient funds” or for other reasons such as a closed account, we will charge you a Returned Payment Fee of up to $27.00. However, the Returned Payment Fee will not exceed the total amount you owe.
Default: You will be in default if you: (a) fail to make a payment in full by the Due Date; (b) become the subject of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings; (c) supply false, misleading or incorrect information to us; (d) a payment is unpaid and returned to us by your bank; or (e) violate or are unwilling to comply with any provision in the Terms.
If you are in default, Klarna may employ a debt collection agency to receive payment and you will have to pay all reasonable costs (including attorney’s fees) incurred by Klarna and/or the debt collection agency. Additionally, if you are in default, Klarna may report this information to credit bureaus.
Any improprieties by Klarna regarding its digital invoice offering, Pay later in 4 parts offering, or related practices may be referred to the South Dakota Division of Banking at:
South Dakota Division of Banking
1601 N. Harrison Avenue, Suite 1
Pierre, SD 57501
Important Information for Washington Consumers
Fraudulent transactions may result in the loss of your money with no recourse.
By checking the “I agree to have the Terms and Conditions presented electronically,” you consent and agree that:
- Klarna can provide all communications, payment information, terms, disclosures required by law and other information (collectively, “Communications”) to you electronically, including via any Klarna site or the email address(es) that you provided to us.
- You are providing your consent to receive electronic communications pursuant to the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act and our intent is that the statute applies to the fullest extent possible.
- You are providing your electronic signature on agreements and documents, which has the same effect as if you signed them in ink.
- You will access and retain any Communication received from us.
- This consent applies to this transaction, and to all future Communications from Klarna, unless you have withdrawn your consent by the procedure outlined below in “Withdrawing Consent”.
- You may request paper copies of any legal disclosures by writing to us at “Customer Service, Klarna Inc., 629 N. High St., Suite 300, Columbus, Ohio 43215.” A fee of $5USD will apply for each paper copy request.
You understand and acknowledge that, in order to access and retain Communications, you will need the following:
- A computer or a mobile device with an internet connection.
- A current web browser that includes 128-bit encryption with cookies enabled.
- A valid email address.
- Sufficient storage space to save past Communications or a means to print them.
If you’d like to withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically, you may contact us in writing at “Customer Service, Klarna Inc., 629 N. High St., Suite 300, Columbus, Ohio 43215”. If your consent is withdrawn Klarna may prohibit you from using the Klarna Services.
You may also request paper copies of any specific Communication within 180 days of the date of the Communication without withdrawing your electronic communications consent given in this Agreement. To request a paper copy, please contact us in writing at “Customer Service, Klarna Inc., 629 N. High St., Suite 300, Columbus, Ohio 43215.” A fee of $5USD will apply for each paper copy request.
Updating your contact information
It is your responsibility to ensure that Klarna has your current email address, so that we can communicate with you electronically. If you need to update your primary email address, please contact us to make the change. If we send you an electronic Communication that you don’t receive due to an outdated email address, Klarna will maintain the position that the Communication was provided to you.